Pageviews

Search a Restaurant or Meal

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Final Visit



This is it.





My final blog post for the Florida Dine and Dash. After five years, 51,000 views, 150 restaurants, and a multitude of breaks and failed videos (and a failed movie for those of us that remember), it is time to end it all. Finances have not been very supportive since the beginning and now we have reached a point in which I cannot continue. There have been a multitude of great memories, fun times, and lots of wonderful food. Unfortunately though at this stage in my life I can’t keep traveling around in search of these locations. I still have over 150 restaurants, bars, dives, and eateries to visit and that list will remain in my computer for when and if I am close to these spots.

I need more money. I need more resources. I need help. I have none of the three, but that’s not anybody’s fault. Circumstances got in the way so here I am, having to make the tough choice of ultimately giving up on this blog. I don’t regret anything, I just wished things had turned out a bit different.

To complete the blog full circle, I wanted to return to the first spot I visited since starting the blog (not counting the previous experiences that led me to do this blog in the first place)---but the place no longer exists. So I went to the second spot, which was Julie’s Waterfront. I reviewed this spot way way back in May 2010—nearly exactly 5 years ago.







The place is still mildly pricy, still has a gorgeous view, and still has good food. What has changed is that the menu has gotten deeper and more daring, the seafood options have expanded slightly, and their dessert is better. I got their fried shrimp (wish they would give me more) and fried catfish (always a good decision). And I sat there by myself and thought about the five years of doing this and envisioned all the places I had gone to, all the food lessons I have learned, and all the unique dining experiences I faced. I tried food I never would have tried before starting this, and I found places I never would have found if it had not been for this blog.

I am not doing a big dramatic goodbye, I am not trying to make a huge deal out of this. The blog never really took off, never was able to hold an audience, and never really caught on to anything. Down the road maybe in the future we can reboot this into something special. But as of now, I am done with this blog. It has been a special ride, lots of good memories.

Take care, each and every single one of you. To all the restaurant owners that didn’t make it after I reviewed you (and there have been several unfortunately), I wish you all the best. To those that are still around, I wish you all the best of success (even The Pearl). And for all future restaurants that will pop up in the craziest state in the country, may you find your success and financial stability.









Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment